Monday, August 9, 2010

Waitressing is a Bitch.

I'm in my fifth week waiting tables at Pizza Hut. For the most part I think I've got it down - seat the customers, get them drinks, take their orders, deliver the food, give them their checks. The cleaning part, not so much. People decided not to train me correctly, so I've had to figure things out as I go. So far so good though. I've had no complaints from customers or management, which makes me happy.

It's hard on the feet, however, and I've come home many times a little crippled. My mother says it's because I'm HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY, which is changing. I've already lost a fair amount of weight, and with my new exercise and eating plan, I could easily drop another 10 pounds before I go back to college the first of September. So yay me, I guess.

I'm attempting to save up money to go to Toronto sometime in the next year. Of course there's a guy involved. Possibly the sweetest guy I've ever encountered. However, I've found that it would be $103 to get up there, with about 9 hours on the bus. This is very saddening to me, as I have no real desire to spend such a large chunk of my day on a rattling death trap. I'll have to figure out something.

But otherwise, nothing much to report.

1 comment:

  1. dependant on how sweet the guy is thats a pretty reasonable price to get to him. although....i feel you on the bus thing. they just plain suck!!

    ~this is emily btw haha~

    ReplyDelete