Thursday, October 28, 2010

24 Hours Without Sleep

Went on a date last night that started at 7pm. We went to one of my favourite restaurants and had a pretty awesome time laughing at Shake Weight commercials in between soccer games. (Newcastle vs Arsenal) The conversation was kinda stilted at dinner and my heart began to sink because I didn't want to come off as the lame chick I am, but then he suggested bowling. I hadn't gone bowling in about a year but I love it, so I immediately agreed. At the bowling alley, we became more comfortable with each other and laughed as I lost horribly twice. The night was young (only about 10 o'clock) so I suggested after the game that we do something else, though I didn't really have any plans in mind. We ended up going to the Oneonta Price Chopper to buy him some groceries, and I covertly grabbed his hand which turned out to be kosher, as he would reach out for my hand again after getting something off a shelf. From there, he suggested that since I had no definable curfew (I should have been home hours before) we go to his place to watch some Monty Python, a shared interest of ours. We watched Eric Idle's Personal Best and Meaning of Life back-to-back and the next thing I knew, it was 4 o'clock in the morning and my mother was probably already awake, wondering where the hell I was. After much reluctance, involving several kisses, we hightailed it back to my town, chattering happily the entire way. I got home at 5am, where my mother took the opportunity to scream at me about thinking I was dead, I never do anything, I shall be her slave for the next forever, blah blah blah. I went to sleep smiling because I can say for certain that that was the happiest night I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment